Our partner organizations visited us in Budapest
The representatives of our Finnish and Australian partner organizations – Från Hand Till Hand r.f. and Kenyan Kinship – spent a couple of days in Budapest at the beginning of August to discuss the most important and pressing issues in relation to Boston schools in Nairobi.
We all agreed that within the frame of the school’s support our main objective – besides raising sponsor donations – is to launch as many revenue-generating projects as possible to ensure the long-term and effective operation of the school, even without sponsors.
During the visit we also discussed the allocation of tasks between the partner organizations, issues emerging in relation to children’s homes, the rollout of water projects as well as the renewal of the donation program. After the day’s program were managed to find some time to dine together and to look around in Budapest.
Most important decisions of the meeting are the following:
- it is necessary to involve further sponsors to ensure the operation of the children’s home;
- until the financing of the children’s home is settled we have to freeze vacancies;
- in order to improve the quality and the quantity of the food provided to children we have to examine the possibilities of expanding our gardening project;
- the detailed description and components of the tuition fee will be disclosed in the school’s website;
- in the secondary school we have to shift our focus to revenue-generating projects;
- the school’s websites will be merged and updated.