Donation agreement in Kowuor
On our yesterday (10 Feb 2016) meeting we signed a donation agreement with our partner organization in Kowuor, i.e. Sare SEEP.
Sare SEEP is a self-help group in Kowuor area which was registered by 21 members of the community to implement social, economic and environmental development projects.
According to the agreement we support Sare SEEP’s work with the following donations and activities as needed:
- we provide financial and in-kind donations to help them to fulfil their objectives;
- in the course of Children Support Programme we directly support needy children in the area, with special regard to school fees, uniforms, stationary or sanitation products and feeding costs;
- we support the online communication activity of the group by operating and maintaining of their domain names;
- in corporation with the group we will implement development projects to improve the living conditions of families in need and the people living nearby as well as to promote environment protection;
- we also help with the administration in connection with the above tasks, as well as train group members for project management and development issues.
On the long run we also plan to introduce and implement child protection programs, e.g. establishment of young mothers’ homes, support of young mothers without husbands.
Under the Agreement we already started the Children Support Programme by supporting Akinyi, one of the local girls who reached the top result in KCPE in the local school. We bought Akinyi books and some other necessary things so that she could have started her high school studies in one of the best high schools in the area.
However any further donations are very welcome for the programme as there are still many other needy kids who – without the kind support of donators – cannot continue with (or even start) their studies to have a chance for better life.